Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

I am Hutterite

I just read I am Hutterite by Mary Ann (Ann-Marie) Kirby. I really liked it. When the author was ten her parents left the Hutterite community in Canada where they lived due to conflicts w/ the preacher (the author's uncle) and became "english" or non-plain. It had really interesting facts about the Hutterites that I had not known. See, I am in love w/ the Hutterites. I have always wanted to visit a colony. Actually I am in love w/ all the plain people. Some of my dearest friends are plain. I will ready any book I can get my hand on about the Amish, Mennonites, and Bruderhof, sometimes even more than once. I also used to want to join te Amish. I even wrote a bishop in Ohio for information about joining. Unfortunately, when I received his reply I was out of state and my mom opened it and wrote him and told him to not write me (I don't have definite prrof but I found the letter squished up in my mom's desk, a month after it arrived-no, she never told me I recieved it. It was like she was trying to hide it. ANother time I wrote an AMish family in Bird-In-Hand, PA and asked if I could possibly come visit and if I could have a young female pen pal. Of course, my dad snuck it out of the pile where I put it to go to the post and wrote them and told them I wasn't allowed by my parents to visit. Of course I never recieved a reply to my letter. My dad even admitted doing this. Was I bitter? Yes. My parents were taking my wanting to be plain and saying it was all "a fantasy." But, I have forgiven them. Maybe it was God's Will what they did. See, my parents aren't really Christian. They are more "everyone is going to Heaven b/c there is no Hell and no Sin." I totally disagree, but try not to get into an argument. I love my parents dearly.

I love and respect the plain ppl, especially my friends. I would love to have the inner peace that they have. See, I am not a happy or peaceful person. I wonder if sometimes God is punishing me b/c I used to want to be a muslim. Or is it Saytan?

I feel at home when I visit my plain friends. I am more happier than when I am home. I would love to visit them for a month or more (and learn how to cook!), but my husband would never allow it. He is not a Christian.
Oh, how I wish I could be plain!;)

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you. It seems you've had, well and still have, some real challenges in your life. I can't even imagine what that must be like, you being a Christian and people near and dear to you are not, and therefore don't seem to understand you. Perhaps it's God's will for you to be where you are 'to let your light shine' for those who need Jesus. May you find peace and joy living in His will.

    ReplyDelete